- This event has passed.
Folger Shakespeare Library Teaching Shakespeare Institute: Professional Learning Day
March 5, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm CSTFree
Professional Learning Days are full-day workshops geared at middle and high school teachers—beginners, veterans, Shakespeare newcomers, and Shakespeare enthusiasts alike. The master teacher (a member of the Folger National Teacher Corps) will show how to scaffold and differentiate learning, and how to blend the best from Folger performance, the Folger collection, and the Teaching Shakespeare Institute. In conjunction with our events, this Professional Learning Day will also include special emphasis on the First Folio and printing history—and classroom applications of both.
- Learn the significance of the First Folio
- Discuss the printing history of Shakespeare’s plays
- Practice hands-on strategies for engaging students with the First Folio
- Become more familiar with Shakespeare and his works
- Learn how to use Folger’s language-based techniques to teach complex texts
- Acquire a kit of instructional materials and support.
This Professional Learning Day will be led by Ms. Greta Brasgalla. An alumna of the NEH-funded Teaching Shakespeare Institute and a founding member of the Folger National Teaching Corps, Ms. Brasgalla has taught English for over twenty years and is currently a curriculum specialist and classroom coach at El Dorado High School in El Paso, TX.
Lunch included. This event requires registration.
This event is made possible through the generous support of the Friends of Sterling C. Evans Library.